Blog #4

I believe that my understanding of assessment is growing more and more every week in this course. Before this class I did not know much about assessments, I knew there were assessments such as the SAT, WASAL and then in class assessments but I did not know very much more than that. Throughout the past few weeks I have learned what makes an assessment validity, reliability and biases in assessments. This week specifically made me think back to assessments that I have had during my schooling and what some of my teachers did that ended up making those assessments invalid and biased. I have also learned a lot about how to give assessments and what types of information should be included throughout my different classroom assessments. The information that I have learned about assessment so far is going to be incredibly helpful as a future educator. Assessments are a big part of teaching and I am going to need to know what I should or should not do in terms of assessment to make sure I am helping my students grow and learn the best that they can. After this module specifically I will be extra cautious when I am in the teaching field to make sure that I am doing the best that I can to make sure that my assessments are both valid and reliable and that I am not having any sort of biases towards any students. I am excited to learn more about assessments and different components to incorporate in my teaching.

Comments

  1. Great blog I agree with you in learning all of this about assessments and that I will be extra cautious when teaching to make sure it is valid, reliable and not at all bias. I want my students to all get a fair and equal education that is valid and reliable and not feel like they got shorted. I am wanting to learn more on assessments to help me further my education on becoming an educator. I believe these tips we have learned will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6

Blog 8