Unit 1 Blog Post
As a learner I think that I am a very visual learner, I do not do well just reading straight text book information because sometimes it is hard for me to keep focus especially if it is content that I am not super interested in. I do well working with other students and like to ask questions when I have questions in class, those are two things I greatly miss since it is a little different not being in class. Collaborating with my peers is something that defiantly helps me learn and process content that can be challenging for me.
There are a few things that have impacted me as a learner but I think the most important thing to me is the teachers that I have had and how they treated me as well as the classroom environment. First and foremost feeling like you are in a safe and welcoming environment is super important and was important to me as a student and my success. The teachers that I had played a big role in my learning as a student because when I had a teacher that believed in me and was super helpful and would do anything to help me understand the material my learning was ten times better than when I had teachers who didn't make that extra effort to be helpful and make me feel welcome and important.
Some challenges I currently face as a learner is learning online, it is overall a big challenge and a whole new learning environment. One of the biggest challenges that comes along with online schooling is time management. Balancing school and work can be a challenge especially when you are not in class working on your school work but trying to do it on your own time. Something I will do to try and overcome these challenges is keep a planner and write a list each week of what I have due. Planning my assignments and when I will do them will defiantly help me this quarter.

Oh my I can totally agree with you! Visual learning is the best, collaboration and working with groups is the easiest way to focus on the assignments given to you. Teachers will always make a impact in your life if they know how to teach right and open your eyes in different situations.Staying in a safe environment while learning could make your progress in learning great. Challenges are always going to faced in my opinion when learning how to do assignments online. This is the reason as to why I believe that we should be on campus learning. So the example of your planner is great because I believe that we should always be focus and learning.
ReplyDelete